Profiting as an investor takes navigating the complex and often difficult world of securities law. Investors trust financial advisors and brokers to guide them through making sound investment decisions. Unfortunately, some professionals take advantage of clients by tricking them into fraud scams such as Ponzi schemes. If you lost money due to what you suspect was a Ponzi scheme in Pennsylvania, contact the attorneys at Meyer Wilson for assistance. Our investment fraud lawyers may be able to help you fight for financial compensation.
Why Choose Meyer Wilson for Pennsylvania Ponzi Schemes?
- We have over 20 years of experience in investment law and securities litigation.
- We have recovered more than $350 million for victims of fraud, including Ponzi schemes.
- We have received national recognition for representing investors across the country.
- We have the ability to take businesses to court to secure fair compensation.
- We have a contingency fee policy in which we do not charge until we win.
Legal Services at Meyer Wilson
Becoming the victim of a Pennsylvania Ponzi scheme could compromise your investment account and lead to significant financial losses. At Meyer Wilson, it is our goal to help clients recover these losses through aggressive legal strategies and personalized services.
- Free case evaluation
- Prompt legal action
- Relationships with the right mediators and expert witnesses
A lawyer from our firm can gather information about your potential lawsuit during a comprehensive case investigation. Then, we can choose the best legal action moving forward based on what will be most effective in obtaining the compensation your losses demand.
What Is a Ponzi Scheme in Pennsylvania?
You may need an attorney’s help if an advisor, broker, brokerage firm or another party has orchestrated a Ponzi scheme in which you lost money. A Ponzi scheme is, unfortunately, a common form of investment fraud in Pennsylvania. It refers to a fraudster hosting a nonexistent enterprise and soliciting victims to invest. The scammer will then pay existing investors with money gained from new investors, and continue the cycle until he or she either runs out of new investors or cannot pay investors who seek to cash out. When a Ponzi scheme collapses, investors can suffer significant losses.
Ponzi Scheme Red Flags
Prevention is always better than cure with investment fraud. You or your loved ones may be able to prevent substantial economic injury by being aware of the common signs of fraud enterprises such as Ponzi schemes. Federal organizations such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission advise investors on how to detect and avoid Ponzi schemes, as do the attorneys at Meyer Wilson.
- High-return guarantees with little or no risk
- Any guaranteed investment opportunity
- Unsolicited offers to join an investment
- Consistent returns even as the market goes up and down
- Unregistered investments or unlicensed sellers
- Concealed or overly complex investment strategies
- Lack of proper investment documentation
- Difficulty obtaining funds
The first step in recovering compensation after a Ponzi scheme has impacted your life is recognizing that fraud has occurred. If any of these red flags sound familiar, you may be a victim of investment fraud. Consulting with an attorney from our law firm can help you determine whether you have been the target of a Ponzi scheme. If so, we can help you understand what steps to take next in pursuit of restitution for your damages.
Victim of a Ponzi Scheme in Pennsylvania? Contact Us Today
You may be eligible for financial recovery for your past and any future losses a Ponzi scheme caused you. Our attorneys have the power to file an individual lawsuit or represent you in a class/mass action in Pennsylvania. We can help you fight for a fair compensatory award in or out of the courtroom against any defendant. This could include recovery for economic and noneconomic damages. Learn more about your specific case during a free investment fraud consultation.