Millions of hard-working Americans invest their money every year in securities and other financial instruments. Unfortunately, an ever-growing number of dishonest and immoral financial advisors aim to make a living off tricking people into putting their money into unsuitable and fraudulent investment opportunities.
If you’ve lost your money in such an investment scam, you may be frustrated, embarrassed, and wondering how you can get it back. The California investment fraud lawyers at Meyer Wilson know how you must be feeling. That’s why a Livermore investment fraud lawyer from our firm will be eager to take action against your advisor and demand compensation.
How a Livermore Investment Fraud Attorney Can Help You Recover Losses
After losing money to advisor negligence, misconduct, or outright theft, you must hire an experienced securities fraud attorney. Pursuing compensation without the assistance of a seasoned advocate could cause you to make a mistake that costs you your financial recovery.
When it comes to financial matters like this, it’s best to play it safe and join forces with an investment fraud lawyer serving Livermore, CA. They’ll ensure that every aspect of your case is handled properly, including the following required steps:
- Investigation: During the investigation process, your attorney will gather evidence of your investment losses and work with forensic accountants to prove that the offending advisor or broker should be held responsible for their immoral and unlawful actions. The evidence they gather will assist them during the claims process and arbitration.
- Filing a claim: Once our Livermore investment fraud lawyers have the evidence they need to proceed with your case, they’ll file an arbitration claim with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Arbitration: Arbitration is an alternative to filing a lawsuit where arbitrators listen to statements from both parties, review important evidence, and make a final decision on the matter. Our team can make a strong argument as to why the arbitrators should rule in your favor.
- Pursue compensation by other means: Depending on the nature of your case, our team may seek financial remedies through arbitration, mediation, or negotiating a settlement with the offending party’s representation.
We Have Recovered Over
$350 Million for Our Clients Nationwide.
Compensation Our Livermore Investment Fraud Attorneys Can Pursue
Regardless of how we go about obtaining damages, we’ll be sure to fight for all forms of compensation you deserve. If we are successful in recovering compensation, you may receive several or more of the following remedies:
- Gains you would have made if your money was handled properly
- Fees you paid to invest
- Cancellation of your contract with the advisor or broker
- Return of unlawfully obtained profits
- Punitive damages, if an investment fraud attorney serving Livermore, CA, finds they are warranted
- Attorney’s fees
Losing money in an investment scam can devastate your finances and leave you with a great deal of stress about your future. Luckily, the abovementioned damages can replace your losses and give you confidence about your financial standing as well as your future investments.
Common Examples of Investment Fraud Our Team Can Combat
Unfortunately, there are many techniques and tactics that unscrupulous financial advisors use to defraud unsuspecting investors. With over 75 years of experience, our team can confidently say that we’re familiar with every form of investment fraud out there.
As a result, we can help you fight back against any of the following types of fraud:
- Unsuitable recommendations: Generally speaking, an unsuitable investment does not serve your objectives as an investor. Although no investment is completely suitable or unsuitable, advisors and brokers have a duty to provide opportunities that suit your goals and may be held liable if they fail to do so.
- Overconcentration: If your advisor has failed to diversify your investments and caused you to suffer losses by putting too much of your money in one type of investment or security, a securities fraud lawyer from our team may be able to hold them liable for overconcentration.
- Churning: If your broker has made an excessive amount of trades in your account that aren’t aligned with your investment goals, they may be responsible for churning. This unlawful practice is used to generate extra commission for the broker. If you suspect your broker of churning, our team can take action against them and demand justice.
- Breach of fiduciary duty: When you work with a financial advisor, you trust them to make educated financial decisions and recommendations. Fortunately, you don’t have to rely only on trust, as your advisor often has a fiduciary responsibility to provide a certain standard of care when managing your finances. If they fail to uphold the fiduciary duty they owe you, they could be held liable for financial losses you incur.
These are just a few of the forms of investment fraud that our team can help you fight back against. If you believe you’ve fallen victim to a fraudulent practice that isn’t listed above, reach out to our team, and we’ll determine your best course of action.
Our lawyers are nationwide leaders in investment fraud cases.
How Long You Have to File an Investment Fraud Claim in Livermore, California
Several different time limits apply to investment fraud cases, depending on the nature of the claims and the forum where the claim is pursued. One example, under Cal. Code Civ. Proc. § 338, you may have three years to take action against the advisor or broker that scammed you. FINRA arbitration has its own set of rules for the timing of filing a case. If you fail to act within the appropriate time frame, you could be blocked from pursuing the remedies you need to restore your financial stability.
Don’t delay your claim. Instead, get in touch with an attorney from Meyer Wilson today. We offer free consultations and contingency-fee representation, so getting the advocacy you need couldn’t be easier or more affordable. Once you’ve hired an attorney from our law firm, they’ll get started on your case right away, ensuring important deadlines are met.
We Are The firm other lawyers
call for support.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trustworthy Securities Fraud Lawyer
Don’t wait another day to take action against the advisor or broker that scammed you out of your hard-earned money. Contact the team at Meyer Wilson to schedule a free consultation with a Livermore investment fraud lawyer and get started on your case.
If they agree to help with your claim, you’ll gain the assistance and legal counsel of a highly experienced lawyer whose hard work has contributed to our firm’s impressive $350 million worth of successful case results. We look forward to hearing from you soon and pursuing the outcome you need to move past this difficult time.
Recovering Losses Caused by Investment Misconduct.