The oil and gas industry can offer rewarding investments – but only with an honest and trustworthy financial advisor by your side. Otherwise, you could find yourself losing thousands of dollars due to an oil and gas scam. The California oil and gas scam attorneys at Meyer Wilson have years of experience helping clients with investment fraud claims. Our oil and gas scam lawyers may be able to help you hold someone accountable for oil and gas fraud, as well as obtain a financial award for your losses. Start with a free consultation with one of our lawyers.
Why Choose Us?
- We have spent more than 20 years representing oil and gas scam clients.
- We have a 99% success rate. We have obtained over $350 million for clients.
- We can take investment scam cases to court in California, if necessary.
- We strive to answer all client calls, texts, and emails within 12 hours.
- We accept all oil and gas scam cases on a contingency fee basis.
We Have Recovered Over
$350 Million for Our Clients Nationwide.
How Our Lawyers Can Help
It is normal to be wary about whom to trust after falling prey to an oil and gas scam. At Meyer Wilson, however, we are on your side. We have years of positive case results and client testimonials backing us up as a trusted law firm in California. If you retain a lawyer from our law firm, you can benefit from the many services we provide to our clients.
- Identifying signs of oil and gas fraud
- Naming the correct defendant(s)
- Bringing your claim by the three-year deadline
- Filing all necessary paperwork and documents
- Proving your case before a judge or jury
- Fighting for a fair financial award on your behalf
Our lawyers will keep in touch with you for the duration of your case. We believe in open and honest communication to keep our clients’ minds at ease throughout the claims process. If you have any questions or concerns along the way, we will answer them to the best of our ability. With one of our lawyers representing your investment fraud claim, you can have the peace of mind to focus on moving forward.
Common Signs of an Oil and Gas Scam
An oil and gas scam refers to an investment fraud scheme where a fraudster convinces the victim to put money into an investment that either does not exist or is not a wise or reasonable investment. An oil and gas scam can sap thousands of dollars from an investor as part of a larger plan to defraud the victim, rather than to help the person make a sound investment. Certain warning signs can serve as red flags for an oil and gas scam in California.
- Sales pitches centered on a highly publicized news story
- Out-of-state investment opportunities
- Guarantees of safe or profitable investments
- Unsolicited materials about investment opportunities
- Promoting an investment as a “limited opportunity”
- Discouraging the client from speaking to an advisor
When in doubt about a potential opportunity to invest in the oil and gas industry, speak to a financial advisor about the situation. The person offering you the investment may try to discourage you from talking to other people, including friends and family, about the deal, but do so anyway. Speaking to a third party could prevent you from falling for a common oil and gas scam. If you have already lost money in this type of investment fraud scheme, contact an attorney from Meyer Wilson right away.
Our lawyers are nationwide leaders in investment fraud cases.
Were You the Victim of a California Oil and Gas Scam? Contact Us Today
An oil and gas scam may not mean the permanent loss of the money you invested. A successful civil lawsuit in California could result in the repayment of all or even more than what you lost. The defendant may owe you additional compensation in legal fees, penalty payments, interest, and punitive damages. Learn what your case could be worth – and how we can help you maximize financial recovery – during a free consultation at Meyer Wilson. Request yours today online or at (614) 532-4576.
Recovering Losses Caused by Investment Misconduct.