Buying and selling securities can come with risks, but no investor should have to assume a risk such as securities fraud. Securities fraud refers to violations of federal or state securities laws, often resulting in economic injury to the investor. If you did suffer financially due to securities fraud, you may have grounds for an individual lawsuit or class action against a person or company in California.
At Meyer Wilson, our security litigation attorneys have had years of experience in dealing with this kind of fraud. We may be able to help you go up against a defendant in pursuit of fair compensation. Contact us for a free consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- We do not back down from fights against large corporations or aggressive legal teams. Our trial attorneys can easily take claims to court to secure the compensation clients deserve.
- We have invaluable resources to offer clients during securities litigation. This includes close relationships with state and federal securities regulators, mediators and expert witnesses.
- We charge clients fairly for our securities litigation services. Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis for investment fraud claims in California, meaning no legal fees unless we win.
We Have Recovered Over
$350 Million for Our Clients Nationwide.
Why Retain a Full-Service Law Firm?
It is important to find the right lawyer to take care of your securities litigation claim or class action. Securities litigation is a niche practice area in which only a few attorneys in California have sufficient experience. We have the experience and are the best when it comes to securities litigation. The law firm you choose should offer a wide range of legal services to you during this time.
- Collecting evidence
- Hiring expert witnesses to testify
- Filing paperwork
- Filing motions and appeals
The law firm’s attorneys should have specific experience in your industry for the subject-matter knowledge you will need to win. A securities litigation case will already be complex enough. Make things simpler for you and your family by hiring a lawyer from Meyer Wilson to represent you.
What Is Securities Litigation?
Securities litigation is one of the most specialized areas of practice in investment fraud law. Securities laws are complex. These cases often involve high stakes for clients and sensitive financial information. California securities litigation may be necessary if an investor loses a substantial amount of money in an investment fraud scenario. Securities fraud can occur when a stockbroker or another party offers misinformation about the value of a stock, resulting in investors losing money on the transaction.
- Failing to accurately report a company’s financial information to shareholders
- Falsely increasing the value of a company’s stocks
- Engaging in insider trading at a company
- A third party misrepresenting company or industry stock market information
- Stealing an investor’s money outright (i.e. embezzlement)
Any type of misconduct, or unethical or illegal action, on the trading floor of a stock exchange could fulfill the definition of securities fraud. If securities fraud cost you money as an investor, you may have grounds for a lawsuit against the responsible entity. It is common in these scenarios to have other investors who also lost money because of the same fraud scheme. If so, you may be able to join a class action in California instead.
Our lawyers are nationwide leaders in investment fraud cases.
Are You Eligible for Recovery Through Securities Litigation in California?
The government takes steps to prevent securities fraud, but scammers still get away with taking money from investors every year. If you are a victim of securities fraud in California, you could be eligible for financial compensation from the person that caused your economic injury. You may be able to recover the full and fair value of the money you invested and lost, as well as additional damages, such as an exemplary award for the defendant’s misconduct. An attorney from Meyer Wilson can help with your case.
We Are The firm other lawyers
call for support.
Call (614) 532-4576 Today
A phone call to our local law office could answer your questions and put your mind at ease. Regardless of the specifics of your securities litigation case, we are confident we have the experience and resources to carry your claim through to the end. Find out if our attorneys can help you recover losses from securities fraud. Call (614) 532-4576 or request a callback online by giving us details of your case today.
Recovering Losses Caused by Investment Misconduct.