Call Now For a Free Consultation:
(614) 532-4576
Nationwide Representation

What Happens When You Can't Reach a Settlement in Securities Mediation

Although stockbroker mediation can be a powerful tool for harmed investors, there are times when you are unable to come to a settlement. FINRA reports that about 80 percent of cases that pursue their mediation program are resolved in mediation, but what happens if you are part of the remaining 20 percent that is unable to settle?

The good news is that entering into mediation does not take away your right to later enter arbitration or litigation against your stockbroker or brokerage firm, and many people find that arbitration moves more quickly and is more successful after going through the mediation process. You may have come to an agreement on a portion of the concerns in your case, and you are likely to have better insight into both the strengths and weaknesses of your claim.

There may be several options open to you, and how you proceed after stockbroker mediation fails will depend on the details of your case and your circumstances. For more specific information about your case, please speak with an experienced securities mediation lawyer in a free and confidential consultation.

The stockbroker mediation attorneys with Meyer Wilson have represented more than 800 harmed investors across the nation in FINRA mediation, arbitration, and litigation, and we’d be happy to meet with you to discuss your concerns. You can reach us by phone, or you can fill out our easy online contact form for more information.

To learn more about spotting investment scams and broker misconduct, please also request your FREE copy of our valuable book Five Signs of Investment Fraud…And What to Do if It’s Happened to You.

The information contained in The Firm’s posts on its blog, fraud alerts, investigations or elsewhere on the site is based upon information obtained from other sources including, but not limited to, news outlets and federal, state, and regulatory agency filings. All suspects and subjects of postings herein are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law or administrative action and any and all crimes are alleged until a court or regulatory agency finds otherwise .

Share This Story
If you found the information provided by this article useful, consider sharing to your social media channels to help others in their search for reliable resources.
Consult with Our Legal Team
There is never a cost associated with a consultation
Atlanta Office

945 East Paces Ferry Road, Suite 2275
Atlanta, GA 30326
Columbus Office

305 W. Nationwide Blvd
Columbus, OH 43215
Meyer Wilson
New Orleans Office

900 Camp Street 
Suite 337
New Orleans, LA 70130
Los Angeles Office

2029 Century Park East,
Suite 400N
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Cleveland Office

4781 Richmond Rd.
Suite 400
Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
Bloomfield Hills Office

41000 Woodward Ave.,
Suite 350
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Quick Links
The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. Read More
The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.
Read More
chevron-down linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram