Working with a financial advisor should come with certain guarantees. The advisor should look out for your best financial interests when trading on your account and recommending investments, for example. Financial advisors must obey state and federal laws and regulations while guiding clients. It is critical for advisors to follow these rules and make ethical decisions. Otherwise, the client could suffer significant and preventable financial losses.
If you believe financial advisor negligence in Ohio caused your recent economic injury, contact an attorney from Meyer Wilson for counsel. You may be eligible for financial restitution from an advisor or brokerage firm.
Why Clients Trust Meyer Wilson
- We have won numerous awards for clients. Our lawyers have recovered over $350 million in total for past clients, including multiple cases where we recovered 100% of our client’s losses.
- We have extensive experience representing victims of financial advisor negligence. We have represented individuals as well as groups of clients in class actions nationwide. Our lawyers have over 20 years of experience in investment fraud law.
- We only charge attorney’s fees in successful cases. If we fail to procure a settlement or judgment award for your economic losses, we will charge $0 for the services we provided throughout your claim.
We Have Recovered Over
$350 Million for Our Clients Nationwide.
Services We Offer in Ohio
If you are not sure whether you need to hire an attorney, consider how much one could help you during the claims process. An attorney will know exactly how to handle your case and fight for maximum compensation. At Meyer Wilson, you do not need to worry about the price of hiring a lawyer. We only deduct our fees out of the awards we win. We never bill clients directly for our services and charge nothing upfront.
- Evaluating your case
- Answering your questions
- Collecting evidence of advisor negligence
- Filing your claim by Ohio’s deadline
- Hiring expert key witnesses
- Representing your case aggressively
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
Our attorneys are prepared to do anything necessary to improve your chances of a successful financial advisor negligence claim. We can use our connections with state and federal securities regulators and mediators across the country to your benefit. We will work hard on your case while you relax and focus on the future.
Examples of Financial Advisor Negligence
Negligence refers to a breach of an individual’s duties of care to another person. In the financial advisor-client relationship, the advisor owes strict duties of care to the client. Failing to fulfill any of these duties, resulting in harm to the client, is negligence. If you are unsure whether an action qualifies as advisor negligence in Ohio, consult with an attorney from Meyer Wilson.
- Failing to supervise accounts
- Making unsuitable recommendations
- Breaking state or federal regulations
- Failing to diversify an account
- Giving guarantees on an investment
- Trading excessively on an account
- Committing fraud or misconduct
- Stealing from the client outright
Negligence is not the same as fraud in terms of financial advising lawsuits. If an advisor commits fraud, he or she knowingly and intentionally deceives an investor. Negligence, on the other hand, is not intentional. It is simply the failure to exercise reasonable care according to the circumstances. A financial advisor could be financially responsible for a client’s losses if he or she is guilty of fraud or negligence.
Our lawyers are nationwide leaders in investment fraud cases.
Schedule a Free Advisor Negligence Claim Consultation in Ohio
Meyer Wilson has represented more than 800 clients in investment fraud lawsuits of all kinds. We can take care of individual lawsuits, mass torts and class actions on behalf of clients in Ohio and around the country. Our lawyers use proven legal strategies and maintain a working knowledge of state and federal securities laws to benefit clients. Let us take over your claim for the best odds of securing financial compensation for the losses you suffered due to a financial advisor’s negligence. Begin with a free consultation with an attorney near you.
Recovering Losses Caused by Investment Misconduct.