Thank you to all of the entrants of our 2023 The Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship, which is now closed. Our scholarship committee is currently reviewing all submissions. The winner will be notified on this page shortly.
Meyer Wilson’s The Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship offers $2,500 in support to students who need financial assistance pursuing their academic goals. Students who want to apply for The Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship must complete a 500 to 1,000-word essay detailing the importance of financial literacy.
The firm specifically wants students to consider how financial literacy can empower people and how, in turn, that literacy can lend itself to a person’s long-term financial stability.
Students have until December 15, 2024, to complete their essays and submit their applications through Meyer Wilson’s website. Meyer Wilson then reserves up to three months to consider students’ applications and award The Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship to a deserving applicant.
Meyer Wilson opens its The Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship to undergraduates and graduates, provided that those students meet the following criteria:
- Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Students must be enrolled in or accepted at an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the United States
- Students must agree to the scholarship terms and conditions
- Students must submit the necessary application materials
Students interested in applying for The Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship should review the aforementioned eligibility requirements before building their scholarship essays. Once students complete their essays, they can:
- Fill out the application form on this page
- Upload a copy of their unofficial transcript
- Upload a copy of their scholarship essay
- Submit proof of enrollment/acceptance to an accredited college/university/graduate school (Student ID, letter of acceptance, etc.)
Scholarship Essay Topic
How can financial literacy empower individuals to make informed decisions about their money and achieve long-term financial stability?
Applicants have until December 15, 2024, to complete their scholarship essays and submit all materials through Meyer Wilson’s website. Meyer Wilson’s scholarship selection committee will not consider applications submitted after this deadline.
Once the scholarship application period closes, the scholarship selection committee will take between one and three months to read through students’ scholarship essays. Neither the committee nor the firm can accept phone calls, emails, or other communications regarding the scholarship.
Parties with questions about The Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship can refer to this page and others relevant to the scholarship for more information.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college, university, or graduate school
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the age of enrollment
- Applicant must have residency in the United States
- Applicant must be in good academic standing
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment.
- Applicant must author an original essay on the scholarship essay topic provided.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of Meyer Wilson
- Past recipients of the Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of Meyer Wilson if they were to be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
Students must submit their scholarship essays and other materials before Meyer Wilson’s deadline of December 15, 2024. Meyer Wilson will not consider applications submitted after this deadline or without all of their relevant materials.
Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the scholarship selection committee’s choice of scholarship winner.
Please do not contact Meyer Wilson with questions about the The Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship. The firm cannot provide students or their families with updates regarding a student’s application after the submission deadline passes.
The winners of the scholarship will be notified via email, and an announcement will be made on Meyer Wilson’s blog as well as via a press release. Meyer Wilson will then mail the award to the student’s institution of choice.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties.
We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the Scholarships, on Meyer Wilson’s website, in marketing materials, or in social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.
Meyer Wilson is proud to debut its The Importance of Personal Finance Education Scholarship in 2024. The firm looks forward to sharing blog posts and press releases about future winners here.
Go back to Scholarships.